Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational Presented by Margaret Moses Branch
Appointment: September 12-13, 2022
Course: UNM Championship Course
By/yardage: Par 72 – 6,354 yards
Format: Play 5, count 4
Departure times: Monday (36 holes) and Tuesday (18 holes) – Shotgun start at 7:30 MT
Teams: New Mexico, Cal Poly, Charlotte, Denver, Fresno State, Iowa, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Kent State, Northwest, Ohio State, San Diego State, SMU, Texas Tech, UNLV, USC
Columbus, Ohio –The Ohio State women’s golf team opens its fall season at the Branch Law Firm/Dick McGuire Invitational, hosted by New Mexico, Sept. 13-14.
- The Buckeyes roster for the tournament will be Caley McGinty, Aneka Seumanutafa, Lauren Peter, Kary Hollenbaugh and Jillian Bourdage.
- Ohio State is participating in the Folds of Honor military tribute program for the second season. Letters of Honor pay tribute to military heroes lost or injured in battle. This season, the Buckeyes will honor Army Maj. Michael J. Donahue. Each week, an OSU team member will carry a bag that will be auctioned at the end of the spring season to benefit the Folds of Honor program. For the first Buckeyes event, Peter will carry the bag; she was chosen by her teammates for her leadership, communication and encouragement.
- McGinty is currently ranked seventh in the world in the World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR). McGinty, from Bristol, England, recently competed as part of the England team at the 2022 World Amateur Team Championships which took place in France from August 24-27. She is tied for 16th place. This summer, McGinty also helped the England team win the 2022 European Women’s Tag Team Championships and she has competed in the AIG Women’s Open and the European Women’s Amateur Championship. She was named to the ANNIKA Award Pre-Season Watch List and was also honored with the Pre-Season Big Ten Golfer to Watch.
- Seumanutafa earned Preseason Golfer to Watch honors for the second straight season and was a 2022 All-Big Ten second-team selection. She led the Buckeyes with a 73.00 stroke average in 10 events and 30 rounds at the total in 2021-22. Seumanutafa finished fifth in US Open qualifying and earned an alternate spot at the 2022 US Women’s Open. She also qualified for the 2022 US Women’s Amateur and advanced to the eighth of final. In the 2021-22 season, she has three top-10 finishes and six top-20 finishes.
- Peter played in nine events for the Buckeyes in 2021-22 and averaged 75.22. She had 46 birdies and five round par or better.
- Freshman Hollenbaugh was ranked 34e in the American Junior Golf Association rankings and was Ohio’s highest-ranked player in the Class of 2022. She was a two-time first-team All-State, a four-time All-District, and a two-time District Player of the Year.
- Bourdage won the silver medal at the FSGA Women’s Amateur Stroke Play Championships in July. In the 2021-22 season, she appeared in nine events and averaged 74.26 shots.
- The Buckeyes will next compete at Mason Rudolph, hosted by Vanderbilt, Sept. 23-25.